Halite BitTorrent Client
Halite (named after the mineral) is a C++ BitTorrent client based on the excellent libtorrent library developed by Arvid Norberg. The program also relies heavily on the Boost libraries.
The current version is v0.4.0.1 revision 1278 released on the 3rd of February 2015.
Download it from SourceForge.net
While not a heavyweight in the bells & whistles category, Halite is a functional BitTorrent client. So far its list of features include:
- File selection and/or file priority specifications.
- Managed torrent queue system.
- Disk cache support.
- Magnet URI support.
- Trackerless torrents (using the Mainline kademlia DHT protocol).
- Supports Magnet URI torrents.
- µTorrent style multi-tracker announcing.
- IP filtering with eMule style ipfilter.dat import.
- Protocol Encryption support.
- Translations of the UI into a number of languages through the help of volunteers.
(if you wish to help with a translation then please do)
- Minimize to tray with transfer rate summary.
- Full Unicode support through UTF-8 and native Windows wide-char strings.
- Login support where tracker requires it.
- Ability to edit trackers specified in the torrent.
- Ability to create torrent files.
- Port randomisation and forwarding (UnPlug and Play or NAT-PMP).
- Transfer rate and connection limits both global and per-torrent.
- Shutdown scheduler.